For women who prefer perfectly sleek and straight hair, the hunt for the ideal flat iron can certainly be a daunting task. With so many options offered—from drugstore brands to beauty boutiques—the list may seem never ending. We understand how difficult it can be to make a decision about a quality hair tool that must be reliable enough for everyday use and we’re here to help.
HSI Professional strives to deliver “quality styling tools and hair care to [their] consumers all over the world.” HSI hair tools have certainly made waves in the ceramic flat iron market. The hair and beauty brand now has two flat iron models—the newest being the top rated flat iron on Amazon.
So, we took to the testing process to see if HSI’s top iron (the red HSI Professional 1”) truly stands up to its ratings and how it compares to the black HSI Professional Elite Salon Model. These HSI flat iron reviews will hopefully set you on the path to smoother, straighter hair.
Top Model: HSI Professional 1″ Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron
Currently, the HSI Professional 1″ Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron (Dual Voltage Edition) has an outstanding 4.5 star Amazon review out of nearly 8,000 customer reviews. These HSI flat iron reviews seem to reflect a top-notch product and have certainly prompted iron-seeking customers to purchase the 1” iron. After several uses of this iron, some may find the following positives while styling your sleek hairdo.
- Floating ceramic tourmaline plates are smooth enough to eliminate hair pulling
- Infrared heat technology truly boosts this iron’s power to straighten extremely thick, curly, and unruly hair
- Ionic technology strives to eliminate frizz and promote shine
- Round edges designed to straighten, flip, or curl hair
- Adjustable temperature settings from 240°F to 400°F
- A 360 swivel cord allows for easy styling and non-tangled cords
- Ergonomic grip design
- The temperature dial is also located in the interior side of the grip, meaning you won’t accidentally change the temperature mid-hairstyle.
- Another major plus for this #1 Amazon rated model is that it works for those who are budget conscious who are looking for a salon worthy flat iron.
- The temperature turn dial may be a downside since it isn’t as efficient as an LCD digital screen that displays the exact heat number.
- This model is also missing a convenient auto-off feature. For those who often forget to turn off their appliances, this may be a deal breaker.
- While the floating plates are meant to prevent hair pulling, other HSI flat iron reviews have revealed that the plates do cause hair pulling occasionally.
HSI Professional Elite Salon Model 1 1/4″ Ceramic Flat Iron
The HSI Professional Elite Salon Model is definitely a straightener force to be reckoned with. Out of 104 Amazon reviews, this model also boasts a 4.5 star review. This iron is definitely higher in price than the Dual Voltage 1″, but it does offer features that the other iron lacks.
- Solid ceramic tourmaline ionic plates promote shine and reduce frizz
- Flash quick heating (up to 450°F) is convenient for a quick morning routine
- Digital LCD temperature control and convenient buttons take the guesswork out of temperature gauging
- The auto shut off feature and sleep mode bring peace of mind about accidentally leaving the hot tool plugged in
- Can straighten, curl, and flip hair because of the rounded edges
- This model also comes with a heat glove and traveling case.
- Of course, this model is a ¼” wider than the ionic iron which allows for wider coverage while styling
- This model is, of course, not as thin as the 1” ionic, which may be an inconvenience for those who appreciate compact tools
- While the LCD screen is convenient it does seem to be a piece on the iron that is prone to cracking
- The grip is smooth and sleek but not as grip-friendly as the 1” HSI model
- Intense pressure is needed in order to smooth out super thick and curly hair
In reviewing the two flat iron models HSI Professional currently offers, it seems that your decision could come down to personal preference. If you prefer a comfortable grip handle over an auto shut off feature, the Dual Voltage 1” may be the right option for you, or if you prefer the opposite, the Salon Model may be worth the higher price tag.
In our opinion, the Dual Voltage 1” edition provides the best bang for your buck and delivers all the results of the Salon Model iron. Thus, if you’re looking to transform your dull and frizzy hair into straight and sleek locks, we suggest you close out your journey to sleeker hair by considering this #1 rated flat iron that has certainly surpassed all the rest.